The Evidence-based Interventions programme aims to reduce the number of inappropriate interventions carried out by clinicians in the healthcare system and to improve the quality of care patients receive. The tests, treatments and procedures listed here aim to,
- Free up valuable resources such as time, so that more effective interventions can be carried out
- Reduce harm or the risk of harm to patients
- Help clinicians maintain professional practice
- Create headroom for innovation
- Maximise value and avoid waste.