The Academy’s Role in Revalidation
The role of the Academy has been to facilitate the work of the Colleges and Faculties and to encourage them to share their experience and expertise towards the development revalidation methods.
We have done this in a number of ways:
- Hosting regular meetings:
- Collating and sharing College and Faculty revalidation progress updates
- Encouraging any specialty revalidation funding applications to be in collaboration with at least one other specialty. If a specialty application is submitted that is not collaborative, a strong case must be made as to why it is not. The Revalidation Project Governance Committee also receives quarterly progress updates on all projects that they have agreed to fund
- Asking Colleges and Faculties to share best practice around development activities and projects at relevant meetings such the Directors of CPD or the Revalidation Steering Group
- Establishing cross-specialty working groups for areas of concern such as multisource feedback and remediation
- Ensuring specialty input into the NHS Pathfinder Pilots via Academy Leads
- Working closely with other external organisations to share expertise more widely.