Academy Specialty Training Consultative Committee
Chaired by: TBC
The Academy Specialty Training Committee (ASTCC) coordinates, facilitates and develops generic work of the Royal Colleges and Faculties with regards to postgraduate medical specialty training, including general practice. It acts as a communication aid between the Academy and COPMeD to help to develop proposals for consideration and for the organisation and delivery of foundation in the United Kingdom. It works in conjunction with other relevant bodies relating to postgraduate medical specialty and general practice training.
The Committee consists of representatives from:
- One representative from each Royal College and Faculty represented on the Academy and also the JCST and JRCPTB
- AoMRC Education Lead
- Academy Trainee Doctors’ Group
- Academy Patient/Lay Group
- NACT UK
- HEE National
- Medical Schools Council
The current work streams include:
- Development of a broad based programme for the two first years post foundation in General Practice, Paediatrics and Child Health, Psychiatry and the related physician specialties.
- Development of a transferable competences framework