Chaired by Dr J-P van Besouw
The Academy Education Strategy Committee (AESC) is the overarching education body of the Academy. It identifies strategy, policy and work streams which need to be taken forward in postgraduate medical education and gives guidance and direction on how they will be achieved. It facilitates commonality of approach between the other Academy education related committees.
Its main responsibilities are to:
- Develop strategy for postgraduate medical education
- Oversee and co-ordinate postgraduate medical education of the Colleges and Faculties on behalf of the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
- Advise, where appropriate direct, the Academy’s other education subcommittees including the Academy Foundation Programme Committee; Academy Specialty Training Committee; Academy Assessment Committee; Directors of Continuing Professional Development and Academy Trainee Doctors’ Group
- Facilitate commonality of approach between other Academy education and training groups
- Inform Joint AoMRC and COPMeD Training Advisory Group strategy.
The Committee membership consists of:
- Chair of the AoMRC
- Education Lead of the AoMRC
- Chair of the Academy Assessment Committee
- Chair of the Academy Foundation Programme Committee
- Chair of the Academy Specialty Training Committee
- Chair of the Academy Trainee Doctors’ Group/Trainee Education Lead
- Chair of the Academy Patient Lay Group
- Chair of Directors of Continuing Professional Development.