Chaired by Mr Ian Ritchie
The Academy Assessment Committee coordinates, facilitates and takes forward the work of the Royal Colleges and Faculties with regards to assessment in postgraduate medical training.
Its main responsibilities are to:
- Coordinate and facilitate the work of the medical Royal Colleges and Faculties on issues related to postgraduate medical assessment
- Work in conjunction with other relevant bodies relating to assessment in postgraduate medical
The Committee is chaired by Mr Ian Ritchie and consists of representatives from:
- Each Royal College and Faculty represented on the Academy and also the JCST and JRCPTB
- Academy Trainee Doctors’ Group
- Academy Patient/Lay Group
- Chair/Lead of Academy Foundation Programme Committee
The 2010 forum produced a Workplace Based Assessment Forum Outcomes report
In July 2009 AAC produced a report, Improving Assessment, looking at a UK wide approach to assessment with common standards and common processes and instruments
In May 2009 ACC in conjunction with PMETB (merged with the GMC in April 2010) published a report, Workplace Based Assessment Guidance, providing guidance on designing and implementing workplace based assessments for all doctors.